Monday, June 04, 2007

Merry Birthday

This weekend, the twins turned three months old.

I know. I can't believe it either. Before I know it, they'll be big kids, and get bubblegum all over my collection of vintage Mad Magazines, and then they'll be grown up, and then they'll abandon me and marry puttanas, leaving me lonely and brokenhearted.

Ty, this is why I need a daughter.

We celebrated their birthday the only way we knew how--by eating delicious things that they can't eat. Because nothing says "three months old" like Entenmann's Chocolate Chip Crumb Loaf Cake with vanilla ice cream.

Then, we put the bathtub on the kitchen table and gave them a hugely embarrassing bath before a wide audience. And recorded every minute of it on video. Because nothing says, "my dear teenage son, you had better behave" than the threat of showing baby-bath videos to your kid's prom date.

After the bath, I was chided by my own parents for saying, "It puts the lotion on the skin or else it gets the bath again." They prefered more wholesome fare, like singing "The Turkey Ran Away" and "Must Be Santa." They may win the family-friendly award, but I win the award for matching the song to the occasion.

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

CONGRATULATIONS! that's amazing. i'll have to go out and buy some 6 mo. clothing for them!

i strongly support your song choice. i've been chided by my sister-in-law for bathing my niece while reciting directions for basting a cornish hen.

(sorry i needed to read about the milestone on your blog instead of actually remembering it on my own. bad aunt.)

2:59 PM  
Blogger Mrs. Harridan said...

Puttanas -- hee hee!

Next up: photo of the two of them bare-assed on the sheepskin rug!

4:03 PM  
Blogger Tink said...

Please tell me you got, "It puts the lotion on the skin or else it gets the bath again" in the video!

4:15 PM  
Blogger Mignon said...

Did Ty tuck his unit under his thighs and dance around nekkie? No?

So 3 months is when I went back to work after Tiny was born, and the mention of the 3-month milestone still gives me a sick feeling. It was brutal. What are you doing about work???

5:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

...and nothing quite says "Parent of the Year" like a reference to Hannibal Lecter. You rock.

10:49 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Three months! Isn't it crazy how time has sped up since you gave birth?
I'm with Wordgirl - quoting Silence of the Lambs at a birthday celebration rocks.

6:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I want to see that video! Please?? :)

11:18 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Three months?

NO WAY!

11:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home