Monday, May 14, 2007

Free Time

When not cooking, watching the Yankees, or frantically mopping spit-up off the quasi-new, light-colored Crate and Barrel couch, Ty often makes up little songs. He's been doing it for years. His subject matter used to include, among other things, people who traipse through freshly-seeded areas in the park, ham-based food items, people who honk their horns loudly early in the morning, his cat's posterior, and my posterior. Now, of course, he has a wealth of new subject matter. Here are the titles of some of his recent selections:

It's Not Food, But Your Daddy Loves You

A Baby With Clean Genitals Is A Happy Baby

If You Stop Crying, I'll Buy You A Pony

And the catchiest of all...

We're Gonna Go To Bottleland (Where All The Babies Get Bottles All The Time).

10 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Too cute :) My hubby makes up songs too and I love "listening in" when he is singing or talkin to our baby.

10:55 PM  
Blogger looney said...

We used to make up songs, now our two year old does it. One song was called "Whales" and consisted of the word whales sung repeatedly over the course of a thirty minute drive...Sunday it was "ABC-I love you-happy birthday to you and to me and to ladybugs-and Saturday-all through the town"

11:12 AM  
Blogger Tink said...

Will there be a recording deal soon? Sign me up for two copies please!

11:56 AM  
Blogger Mignon said...

I want to go to Bottleland. As long as I can choose the bottle, of course. (Although I'm sure your boob-milk is very nice.)

9:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hahaha! I love it. Jeff's been singing a close version of the "If you stop crying" song himself.

9:52 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

...in a pinch...you can always sing the them from "The Beverly Hillbillies".

11:26 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My husband used to sing our kids selections from the Beatle's White Album when they were babies. Rocky Raccoon was a favorite.

3:50 PM  
Blogger Velma said...

Too cute! We tend to sing songs in silly voices around here, like the cowboy version of "Twang-kle Twang-kle, Lid-ell Staaaaaaaar!"

11:51 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's so funny, my husband makes up songs all the time too, also with the ham foods. Weird.

8:10 PM  
Blogger SUEB0B said...

I don't have kids, but all of my pets have had their own theme songs. My tiger cat Antonio's was "There's a shark(shark) hiding in the dark, a furry tiger shark."

My dog Goldie, who has quite a snoot, has a song that goes "She is a big dog (dog), she has a big nose (nose) and wherever her nose goes, there Goldie goes."

I know, I am practically Andrew Lloyd Webber.

3:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home