Thursday, May 11, 2006

Don't Avoid the Noid!

Remember him, from Domino's Pizza? How about the talking Chicken McNuggets puppets, or the L'eggs Eggs? Or the old-school milk commercials, pre-mustache, with people standing in front of curtains and talking? Or "forgotten foods," like Bonkers candy or Hostess Choco Bliss cakes?

Check out RetroJunk. They have tons of old commercials from the 70's, 80's, and 90's, as well as some movie trailers and TV clips. Just be warned, before clicking, that you probably won't get anything productive done for the rest of the day.

Back in this post, I referred to VICI the robot from the television show Small Wonder, and Kate recalled talking about this show with someone who didn't believe it had been on the air. Indeed, it was, and RetroJunk has a clip of the opening credits to prove it! Just do a search for "Small Wonder." It was kitschy even then!

Have fun!

6 Comments:

Blogger DebbieDoesLife said...

I have a collection of McNugget guys in Halloween costumes that I get out every Halloween. They are adorable and hard to believe you got them for free with several regurgitated pieces of chicken!!

Do they not put Legg's in Eggs anymore?? I don't ever wear hose anymore.

9:47 AM  
Blogger Mignon said...

Thanks a lot Arabella. I was going to do laundry and pay bills when the baby was napping today... Do you remember Chachos? They were like a very lightly seasoned form of Doritos that came out about 10 years ago and they disappeared before I could buy every yummy bag I could find. I also haven't seen hot dogs with the cheese inside in a long time...

Debbie, I'm picturing your Halloween decoration as a bunch of dressed up turds.

10:24 AM  
Blogger mamatulip said...

What a trip!

I was just looking through the list of commercials and I read 'beast wars dinobot' wrong.

I read 'breast wars dinobot.'

Must get more coffee.

11:18 AM  
Blogger Tink said...

I used to have a bucket of McDonald toys from the 80's: Little mermaid bath toys, hard plastic McNugget and Fry-kids, The Moon faced guy on motorbikes, and The Rescuers Down Under. I wish I knew where they went. I'd get down on the floor and play with them. :)

1:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Vicki is like a little girl version of Spock. And the parents were sooooo cheesy on that show. I'm with WordGirl - it was a little creepy.

8:52 PM  
Blogger Jess Riley said...

You just made my day! You also reminded me that I once had a Spuds Mackenzie poster on my closet door. Years before I was legal drinking age. *eyes roll*

11:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home