Wednesday, October 22, 2008

The Spice Boys

I don't care if you're not reading me anymore--I shall keep posting anyway, for I do believe I've gotten my groove back! And it only took 19+ months!

One of the problems with having twins, at least MY twins, is that one of them always, always wants what the other has. This is compounded, in my case, by my passion for weird and vintage crap. While it may be possible to score one fabulously-priced old-school tricycle at a yard sale for a song, it is virtually impossible to score two. This is why I wind up entertaining my sons with, say, sticks of lip balm.

Since even my very lip balm is awesomely quirky, procured from Etsy, I have multiple tubes in multiple flavors, but no two of the same scent. Tonight, when both boys were exhausted and in precocious-terrible-twos throes of a love-hate relationship with Vintage Potty Elmo, my father dabbed at the sore nose of one child with lip balm. That was it; they HAD to have more.

I managed to scrounge up two tubes. Thyme was Peppermint and Sage was Cinnamon. Once they applied the mashed-up balm to their heads like pomade, it became rather easy to tell them apart by scent. Because when life gives these boys lemons, they put it in their hair.

UPDATE: The cinnamon fragrance has officially survived a shampoo.

5 Comments:

Blogger mamatulip said...

It doesn't matter what my kids have, the other wants it. Julia could be playing with dryer lint and Oliver would die trying to get some.

7:47 AM  
Blogger Mignon said...

It's too early, but did you just say "Thyme was Peppermint and Sage was Cinnamon." Because, you know, the world is just crazy now. Crazy.

I bought Quinn this little thing that attaches to his jacket zipper that holds one tube of lip-balm (and a back-up pack of 10 Chapsticks), and as long as he wears that jacket, he has beautiful, soft lips.

10:52 AM  
Blogger Arabella said...

Mama Tulip--I have actually witnessed that very argument! Although, come to think of it, it was dust bunnies at issue.

Mignon--Did you get that from your boyfriend (Target)? Sweet. I'll have to look for one. Actually, two.

11:06 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I read you. Stella.

Today is the day for freaky word verifications. Ijust had "reeks" at Thought Concoction (Hi Mignon!) and here I get this: "teeti"

9:43 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You're taking me down Memory Lane, Arabella. And it's a sweet place to be.

10:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home