Thursday, September 04, 2008

Mamalujo to the Rescue

A while back, I wrote about how my twin sons fought bitterly over possession of a bright round plastic apple, the Happy Apple. I was forced to confiscate said apple and save it for emergencies, such as a diaper-change bribe or a sick-child doctor visit. This was a huge pity, as the Apple, true to its name, made me happy, and ownership of the tempting Apple was more for me than my children.

The mighty Mamalujo to the rescue! For those of you unfortunate enough to be unfamiliar with his work, please check out his blog immediately. He is that rare combination of Professional Smart Guy and Good Soul. His current post, "Dear Daughter," is particularly touching.

Mamalujo immediately announced that he had that most elusive of objects, a spare Happy Apple, and then he NEATLY PACKED IT UP AND SENT IT TO ME. Done.

Mamalujo, do you know how happy you have made my children? Do you know how happy you have made my husband and me? Now, at dinnertime, instead of hearing two toddlers banging their sippy cups against their food trays and screaming, we hear choruses of "Apple. Apple!" and the toy's trademark soft, gentle chime. You have restored peace to the Trattoria Breve, and we thank you for it.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jeez, you're going to ruin my reputation.

4:02 PM  
Blogger ptg said...

heh!

4:19 PM  
Blogger mamatulip said...

That is AWESOME.

10:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The power of an empathetic blogosphere...or at least...one guy with a big heart. I'm all verklempt!

12:37 AM  
Blogger PEACE said...

Three cheers for Mamalujo!!!

Oh my gosh, I have one of those apples from when my son was born (1976) and all my four kids played with as babies. My #1 daughter (1979) took it out of the box of old baby blankets so her daughter, who is now three could play with it when she was a baby...The apple still is the bomb, I am happy to know it is still making happy babies the world over!

12:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home