Wednesday, January 23, 2008

So, yeah, Weight Watchers

I lost six pounds, gained two, lost three, yada yada yada.

So, anyway, I'm consistently down about five. I did the Weight Watchers points tracking very faithfully until just before Christmas, and now I'm doing my own version of generally-healthful eating.

This past weekend, my little munchkins introduced a stomach virus into my system. I actually know the precise moment that it happened. It was last Friday. We were sitting in the doctor's office, because Sage had puked up his Split Pea and Carrot Soup in two long, separate puking sessions, and I needed to know how many additional crib sheets I was going to have to buy (i.e., what was it, would his brother get it, and how long would it last--a stomach virus, yes, of course, and far too long, respectively). The doctor was telling me "Up to ten days" (I kid you not), when Thyme (who was seated on my lap) turned around, removed his finger from his mouth, smiled his adorable little gap-toothed smile at me, and shoved his still-wet, salivaed finger into my own mouth. I then spent the next two days puking, and am still tummy-rumbly enough that my lunches consist of items such as mango slices, seltzer, and salt sucked off some pretzels.

The best punchline of all? According to our scale, I've gained three pounds since Saturday.

4 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I thought I'd battled my share of illnesses...and then I had kids.

I have never been so sick in my life since having kids. I am currently trying not to die from one of the worst chest/head/sinus colds I've ever had in my life, courtesy of Julia and all the lovely kiddos in her Maternelle class.

4:29 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Ack. Sorry, that's me -- mamatulip above. I'm logged into my other email account.

4:30 PM  
Blogger Tink said...

Kids are little walking/crawling virus containers. When my brothers were little, my Mom and I would be sick at least once every two months. I hope you feel 100% again soon!

3:40 PM  
Blogger Ditsy Chick said...

So much for " I am one stomach flu away from my ideal weight".

2:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home