Thursday, December 27, 2007

Baby's Law

We have a room that is about 95% covered in soft, clean, spit-up-and-Earth's-Best-Baby-Food-colored carpeting. We enforce a strict shoes-off policy in said room. Shoes go on a shoe rack by the door, on the hard flooring surface, where the dirt, trace remnants of animal feces, and bacteria can be contained within a relatively small space. Another area of the room is strewn with brightly-colored, light-up, musical toys. Another contains a soft, covered couch. A third contains a baby-safe jumping seat.

Guess the most compelling spot in the room. Just guess.

5 Comments:

Blogger Veronica said...

They're exercising their immune systems, Arabella. ;-)

My kids (ages 12 and 10) have numerous electronic games (Xbox, PSP, Nintendo DS) all of which they purchased with their own money (because I hate electronic games).

Yet with all that gaming glory, what's the hottest ticket at our house? The computer!

See what you have to look forward to? More of the same.

2:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

We're just like V-Grrrl's family...only the kids are older. But yes...PSP, PS2 & 3...plus X-Box. And the computer games. I'm happy that I can program my iPhone. So very, very proud. But back to your problem...kids gravitate to the one place you don't want them to go. It's some kind of law, I think. They'll survive it. You, as their mother, might not.

6:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The shoe rack by the door, of course.

V is absolutley right. Kids need to roll in the dirt, build up the immune systems. We've lived out in the country and my girls know what cow shit is. Trying to keep them away from the germs is like trying to turn the tide. Of course, as with all things, moderation is the key. I personally never rolled around in the puke, or screwed any Haitians, (although it felt like it at tiimes) but you can bet I'll never catch another rotovirus!

9:33 PM  
Blogger Mignon said...

Mamalujo, what would we do without the totally random wrongness of your comments?

Arabella, where the hell are you? I mean, I know where you are and what you're probably doing, but I miss you.

8:08 PM  
Blogger Arabella said...

Awww....thanks, Mignon! You make me feel all warm and fuzzy. Or is that urine?

2:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home