Wednesday, April 05, 2006

Eight Things

Sorry I haven't posted the past few days. I've been sick, and, believe me, you wouldn't have wanted to hear anything that I had to say.

Since everyone seems to like these lists, I'm just going to ease back in today with a few simple ones:

1. I have been using the same box of aluminum foil for at least four years. I just realized this yesterday. I think I'll be pretty sad when I finish it, 'cause I'm sentimental like that.

2. I get really upset when there are no good magazines in the waiting room. When I say, "good," I mean, magazines centered around fashion or celebrity gossip and containing as little substance as possible. Something to keep my mind off having my blood drawn or my teeth scraped in the very near future, and, for heaven's sake, nothing with an actual, interesting article that I might have to abandon at a moment's notice.

3. I'm really impressed by good child actors, because I think so many child actors are totally annoying.

4. One of my favorite tricks for removing minor stains from clothing that I'm wearing is to use a moist towelette to dab away the stain. This works especially well for getting yogurt off black pants--I mean, so I've heard.

5. I really resent fatty, salty, preservative-laden, artificially-colored foods being marketed to children.

6. I've noticed in several stores that it's harder to find natural-fiber "women's" socks than it is to find natural-fiber "men's" socks.

7. I think havarti with dill is a really underrated cheese.

8. I have preferences among certain brands of bottled water.

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Welcome back Arabella!

About your list - Havarti! Yes, it's a very good cheese. Have you ever tried it with caraway seeds?

I'm a fan of Dasani water. I know it's made by Coke and I think they put something extra, like crack, in it to make it taste so good.

I agree about marketing junk food to children, but I'll take it one step further and say that marketing in general to children is rather unethical. And this from someone who works in marketing.

I hope you're feeling better!

10:55 AM  
Blogger Mrs. Harridan said...

Glad you're feeling more normal. Soup is good food!

I agree with you on the havarti. So delicious!

I think I go through a box of foil a month. How do you avoid using it? You must be all about the tupperware.

12:06 PM  
Blogger Tink said...

We missed you!

I agree with the magazine thing. Last time I went to the dentist there were only sports and food magazines laying about. I stared at one with a picture of a beautiful cake on it and thought, "That's what got me here in the first place!"

1:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ditto the Dasani.

2:00 PM  
Blogger Arabella said...

Interesting. I actually don't care for the Dasani. My preference is Poland Spring.

5:12 PM  
Blogger Mignon said...

There's an even bigger disparity in the quality of sparkling water, which I never liked before I was pregnant for the second time. Cheap sparkling water is like generic Coke. It's sparkling and the right color but my taste buds rebel.

Dakota Fanning is the most annoying child actor EVER in person, but maybe the best ever in movies. And I used to think Muhcallee Cockin was really good then he got drunk and married and ruined it for me.

(I'm glad you're back, wouldn't have cared if you were pissy and whiny when you were sick, but take comfort in knowing that you were probably sitting around in jammies watching daytime tv and moaning. I mean moaning from being sick.)

6:15 PM  
Blogger mamatulip said...

Glad you're feeling better.

And Dave has preferences for bottled water too -- it has to be spring water and it cannot be Dasani.

10:43 PM  
Blogger Jessica said...

Haley Joel Osment gets my nod. He's so believable!

2:29 AM  
Blogger The Gradual Gardener said...

Dakota Fanning bugs me. I have no idea why this is, except that she's in everything. I mean, does the kid do anything else? It also bothers me when parents let their kids act in horror movies. Think of the therapy they'll need later...

11:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home