Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Secrets of Marital Bliss, Part I

(Now that I've typed this, it'd be just my luck for my husband to leave me for an 18-year-old gymnast with strawberry-flavored lip gloss.)

I've asked for a sewing machine for my upcoming birthday. When I say "asked," I mean that I went to Ty's computer, found two sewing machines that I liked on Amazon, opened them in different windows, minimized them, and then walked into the kitchen, where Ty was cooking dinner for us, and said, "I sure would love a sewing machine for my upcoming birthday. There seem to be two from Amazon in minimized windows on your desktop right now. I would be happy with either one."

To which, ever the good husband, he replied, "You know, I think I need to go order some....books now."

I love that man.

9 Comments:

Blogger Table4Five said...

I got a sewing machine for my birthday in Jan. and it's still in the box! Nothing fancy, my Dad went with me to JoAnn Fabrics and bought me the one on sale. If you find any good sewing sites, let me know, 'kay?

Your husband rocks! I like how you set it up for him yet will still be somewhat surprised. If you tell me your birthday I'll email you a card.

8:46 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, Arabella, you are so SUBTLE.

Won't you be surprised if he ordered the Kama Sutra instead. : )

9:16 AM  
Blogger mamatulip said...

LOL. Way to be subtle.

9:17 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awesome! I always ask for concert tickets and I usually get them because Jeff gets to enjoy it too. Although Ty will be able to reap the benefits of your gift when you start making him clothes (for some reason I just got an image as Ty dressed like Corky St. Clare.) ;o)

10:14 AM  
Blogger Tink said...

You trained him well marital master...

When's your birthday?

11:39 AM  
Blogger Mignon said...

What're you gonna make?

I just e-mailed a friend and asked her if she would hate me forever if I learned how to knit. She said no. I love little kids' red sweaters, so we'll see.

11:56 AM  
Blogger Jess Riley said...

Awww! You've got a good one, it sounds like. :)

Hey, I had no idea Amazon sold sewing machines. Wow.

11:55 PM  
Blogger Arabella said...

Arabella's Birthday Observed is March 31.

I want to be able to hem my own pants and take in my own clothing with the sewing machine, but, someday, I'd also love to make bags.

8:28 AM  
Blogger The Gradual Gardener said...

My Hubby wouldn't get that hint. Fortunately my daughter would, though, and she knows how to shop online with Daddy's credit card!

8:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home