Wednesday, March 21, 2007

We interrupt this birth story...

...for a momentary freakout.

My steam sterilizer stopped working for a half an hour and, oh my goodness, that was about the worst half hour of my life. Far worse than when the obstetrician was actually cutting into my stomach for the C-section.

TWINS. I have NEWBORN TWINS, with TINY STOMACHS. Sometimes they get hungry every hour. And they like their pumped breastmilk with a little formula chaser--a baby boilermaker, if you will. Do you know how many bottles we go through???

We called every store I could think of to try to get a replacement; none of them carried it. I was about to trade my kidney to an online merchant in exchange for overnight shipping of a replacement sterilizer, AND THEN...

My mother fiddled with the plug, and she made it work!!!

And she told me she's going to buy me a backup one, because "I don't ever want to see that look on your face again."

My mom is officially Queen of the Day.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Goody, an update!

Glad to see things are going so swimmingly! ;)

(From: the new-and-improved, making-the-effort-to-comment Mamalujo)

5:01 PM  
Blogger Tink said...

Awww. You poor thing. Definitely get backups for everything. How many bottles DO you go through a day?

5:07 PM  
Blogger mamatulip said...

YAY for your mom!!

HIP HIP HOORAY!

6:31 PM  
Blogger Arabella said...

Tink--I've totally lost count. Plus, the days are all blending together anyway. :)

8:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home