Monday, January 29, 2007

Blue Monday

No, I'm not dead or in labor (assuming those are two different states of being).

For reasons that largely make no sense at all, yet, trust me, were very necessary, my activities over the past week have included research into low-voltage light switches, getting down on the floor and scrubbing away scuff marks, and pursuing a package that was shipped twice and still hasn't been delivered, despite my having been charged for it approximately seven weeks ago. (The first time it was shipped, the carrier decided that it would be just fine, instead of requiring a signature, to leave a large box outside a building, in plain sight, in New York City. Some thief is going to be extremely well-equipped for lactation, having made off with a wealth of breast shields.)

I recently had a slice of pizza for lunch. Then, I got up, moved around, had a conversation with my mother, etc. When I looked down, I found that a mushroom had securely housed itself on the prominent pregnant-belly shelf that has now formed where my lungs ought to be. It's a good thing I saw it, because that sucker wasn't going anywhere.

5 Comments:

Blogger Tink said...

Scrubbing scuff marks? That sounds like nesting. Food on belly shelf? Great place for leftovers for later! And the blue mood is totally normal with this many hormones coursing through your body. ((HUG)) I hope the rest of your day goes better!

4:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Are you nesting? What's it like? I'm not there yet.

I don't have a belly shelf, but I do have an area between and under my boobs that has to be cleaned out on a regular basis. Crumbs and food get down in there and I once found a Craisin left over from breakfast.

4:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What??? No picture of the belly mushroom? I'm SO disappointed! If you're not busy, I've got some scuff marks around the house that need work.

12:53 AM  
Blogger mamatulip said...

Ah, the belly shelf. When I was pregnant with Oliver, Julia used to love to eat scraps off of the belly shelf. ;)

I wish you lived closer...we could take turns scrubbing scuff marks off of our floors together.

9:29 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

When I was waiting in line, I used to prop my check book on my belly shelf and get it all filled in while I waited. Perfect.

And until you have pepperoni perfectly covering your outie belly button, I'm not gonna be impressed. ; D

5:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home