Monday, January 22, 2007

Week 30 Update

Week 30 can be summed up with a few very simple lines, and one very simple anecdote.

The simple lines...

I am writing this on Ty's computer, because mine decided not to work today, as it does many days. Would that I could do the same.

The computer is in good company, as most electronic devices in our household are currently failing or threatening to fail.

I got less than four hours of sleep last night, so uncomfortable was I. When this happens, for some strange reason, I sneeze all day.

Sneezing is not fun when you're essentially the size of a woman who is 10 months pregnant.

The only clean garment I own AND fit into is The Itchy Sweater.

And now for the anecdote...

I went to the doctor on Friday, and immediately headed to the bathroom, as it had taken me nearly an hour to get there and my bladder is now the size of a tick. As soon as I came out, I was informed that the nurse wanted me to head to the back bathroom and provide a urine sample. It took me about forty seconds to head to the back bathroom.

I immediately refilled the cup, no problem.

7 Comments:

Blogger mamatulip said...

Yeah. The frequent urination is something I definitely don't miss.

12:42 PM  
Blogger Mignon said...

You didn't say, but I'm guessing you peed on your hand too. I did for every appointment after week 30. Madeleine would stand there watching me, then dutifully hand me hand sanitizer when I was done. Once she cheered for me when my hands were clean.

2:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You know, it's true the old flowy maternity clothes were dowdy, but damn, they were comfortable. I never outgrew those empire waist dresses with the softly gathered pleats under the boobs and the full skirts. I think my waist hit 44 inches with my daughter. Wish I had some super soft clothes to share with you.

12:59 PM  
Blogger Tink said...

Arabella love, you're giving me SO much to look forward to. Thanks a ton. ;)

Mignon: LMAO! Moral support huh?

9:19 AM  
Blogger Jess Riley said...

"bladder the size of a tick." Haha! Oh, the things you go through on the road to parenthood.

3:59 PM  
Blogger DebbieDoesLife said...

Ha! That is amazing and a story well worth telling!!

I can't imagine how you feel right now. Oh well, the end is in sight.

7:45 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah, it's especially fun on a transcontinental flight. Also, I don't know about you, but unless I've JUST gone to the bathroom, a tiny bit of pee comes out every time I sneeze. It's really demoralizing.

8:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home