Thursday, January 04, 2007

Helpful information

When your life is such that you are on 2-3 day shower rotation (in other words, you shower less frequently than you visit doctors), you own one pair of pants that still fits, you start out each morning with a thick stack of phone calls to be made and e-mails to be sent before you even begin your work (which has to be wrapped up FAST so that you can hurry up and rest and not go into premature labor), you are facing exorbitant prescription bills because a new year means a new deductible and you give yourself shots every day, and you are growing miserable due to your inability to blog creatively (or, some days, at all), you really ought to try not to spill water all over your brand-new fancy, expensive laptop, rendering it useless.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh god.

I've done that...twice. Dave and I travelled all over hell's half acre so he could get a new girlfriend -- er, laptop -- and I think we'd had it maybe 8 days before I dumped an entire bottle of water on it. Being the fuckers that we are, I returned it with a lot of clevage, a baffled look on my face and did a lot of hair-tossing and giggling...and got a replacement. (I still feel guilt over that, for reals.)

Fast-forward about a year later: I dumped a freshly poured coffee on the replacement laptop. Double double -- read: TWO SUGARS. Sugar and motherboards don't jive.
Karma's a bitch, eh?

So we hung our heads and cried and packed the Little Laptop That Could away for two years. And then about six months ago Dave found it in the storage closet and decided to fire it up and see what happened. And guess what?

THE FUCKIN' THING WORKED.

So. Take the keypad off of it and go buy some canned air. It's worth a shot.

2:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That sucks big time. I blame pregnancy hands. I have gotten soooo much more clumsy lately. I burned myself twice in the last few weeks just taking things out of the oven.
Maybe Mama T is right and it will work when it dries out.

4:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's the very reason why I try never to drink around my keyboard. That's exactly the kind of shit I'm trying to avoid. That and the awful crying that would come after that.

1:11 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh crap...and hey, I only have two pairs of pants that fit and I'm not even pregnant.

1:04 PM  
Blogger Mignon said...

Oh my god. There's a full cup of coffee teetering on the leather arm of this coffee-shop couch not more than 4 inches from my keyboard... but there are not children near me and it's sooooo yummy. I can't move it. I just can't.

I'm sorry about yours. And about the creativity? Once a week. Do it once a week, and keep a little notebook with cool stuff. Don't set yourself up to disappoint yourself right now. You don't need that.

9:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just came to your site for the first time today... you're giving yourself shots daily? I had to do that too with both my pregnancies (1 a day in the first pregnancy, 2 a day in the second). Hope you're holding up...

11:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home