Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Highlights from my week

1. I no longer fit into any known pair of jeans, elasto-waistband or not.

2. Our telephone stopped working. I didn't tell anyone for twelve hours.

3. I forgot that a distant relative of ours was dead, and spoke about him as if he were not only alive, but able to do manual labor.

During my worst moments this week, I have been able to improve my mood considerably by thinking about the absolutely adorable twin-themed ornament that I received in the 2006 Ornament Exchange from the hilarious Feral Mom, who herself has some knowledge of late-in-a-twin-pregnancy angst:



Isn't it adorable? A big, belated blog thank-you, Feral Mom! If I ever get to the point where this doesn't cheer me up, you will know that I am totally and completely gone.

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Aw, I love it. And I've got pregnancy brain big time, not good when trying to plan for a trip out of the country. If I make it on time to the flight with everything I need, it will be nothing short of a miracle.

10:31 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

When are you due, Arabella?

10:50 AM  
Blogger Mignon said...

Cute cute ornament! I'm down with #2, but only if it doesn't affect the internet. That would be bad.

11:07 AM  
Blogger geenalyn said...

very cute ornament...i have one that is similar but its too baby heads in a peapod :)

((huggs)) on the pants situation...i remember all to well what that was like. I pretty much lived in this one ginormous pair of leggings at the end of my pregnancy

11:59 AM  
Blogger mamatulip said...

I love the ornament!!

12:15 PM  
Blogger Tink said...

The ornament is adorable!!

Of course it wasn't so cute when I got a bird feeder just like it two years ago from my friend's Mom. I kept thinking, "It looks like a vagina with two babies popping out... And I'm 21 and not pregnant. I can't hang this!"

1:58 PM  
Blogger Jess Riley said...

What a fun ornament!!! And like Mignon, #2 doesn't seem that bad to me. In fact, I often turn my ringer off when I need to let my sanity recharge.

1:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'd almost rather have internet than telephone. Almost.

7:39 PM  
Blogger Arabella said...

V-Grrrl: due the end of March, supposedly, but the babies will probably come earlier than that. Sorry for taking forever to respond. :)

8:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home