Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Week 35 1/2 Update

Thanks, everyone, for your kind thoughts and good wishes!

I'm still carrying the babies, although I saw my doctor yesterday and they could come at any time. If they don't come within the next few days, I'm due to be induced, as the risks of the liver complications for the babies start to outweigh the benefits of extra time in the womb.

I apologize for not having written more during this time, for not responding promptly to email, and for not having made my regular blog visits. I'm extremely huge and uncomfortable; I never thought I would make it this far into the pregnancy. Additionally, one of my medications has a sedative effect, and even though I spend a great deal of time thinking of writing topics, even the act of actually sitting at the computer and blogging is very tiring for me right now.

Hopefully, my next update will come soon, will involve me feeling more like my old self, and will happily announce the arrival of the babies. I'm very much looking forward to getting back to blogging. In the meantime, thanks so much for your patience. Please keep reading!

13 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You probably thought I was stalking you, since I've been obsessively refreshing your page hoping for an update.

Hang in there. You have been in my thoughts all the time lately and when the time comes I'll be sending lots of love and positive energy to all four of you.

10:12 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Absolutley.

10:57 AM  
Blogger Mrs. Harridan said...

OMG, I have been meaning to call you or email (and looking for you on chat, of course), and then thinking that if you had the babies, the last thing you want is a phone call. I'm glad I didn't miss anything!

You must be exhausted. I hope like hell that they decide it's time to come out naturally, because from what I hear induction is no fun at all.

I'm thinking of you!

12:34 PM  
Blogger mamatulip said...

CONGRATULATIONS! That you have carried this far is amazing! I'm so proud of you. :)

And keep reading, are you serious? Of COURSE I'll keep reading. Hang in there, Arabella...the end is in sight!

1:32 PM  
Blogger Tink said...

Phew. I don't care if you can't blog girl (although of course I'll keep checking by and reading). I just wanted to know that you were OK!

4:30 PM  
Blogger Mignon said...

Yes, I echo Mamatulip. Well done getting this far!

Re: Induction - don't worry if you have to induce. It's work either way. I was induced with my second and it was a much easier labor. And he was 9 pounds.

Here's what I think: You are a hero. You're a small woman with a petite dancer's body carrying two strapping big boys in your little belly for 36 goddamn weeks. You are a fucking hero. Whether you can blog or not, read other blogs or not, hell, breathe or not, you've already proved you are a force to be reckoned with. I raise my fist in the air for you, Arabella! You GO!

4:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I figured you were either giving birth...or still trapped under the weight of those two big boys. You've made it this far and I'm incredibly proud of you. We'll all be thinking good thoughts when the big day comes.

9:58 PM  
Blogger SUEB0B said...

You are too sweet - apologizing to us when you are going through all this. I wish you and your family well!

11:22 PM  
Blogger DebbieDoesLife said...

Sending positive thoughts and energy your way!!

6:54 AM  
Blogger geenalyn said...

I'm sooo excited for you!! You have done such an awesome job keeping those babies in there and cooking...soon they'll be making their grand entrance and a whole new tired feeling will hit ya...

11:42 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

A few days-Yay! Hang in there, you are doing such a GREAT JOB growing those boys, can't wait to see them!

5:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The last weeks are the hardest--and then the joy and wonder of finally seeing their faces, stroking their little heads, marveling over their perfect hands.

Blessings to you and Ty! You're almost there!

5:58 AM  
Blogger DebbieDoesLife said...

Update - Please!!!! How are you doing?

6:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home