Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Mysteries of the universe that have recently come to my attention

1. Why would AMC run the film Milk Money on Sunday afternoon, and then run Gentlemen Prefer Blondes on a Tuesday morning?

2. Why would AMC ("American Movie Classics") run the film Milk Money repeatedly?

3. Why would AMC run the film Milk Money at all?

4. Why would I watch it?

5. Why do commercials for those work-at-home websites always show people sipping cocktails by a waterfall, boating, skimming their pools, or doing anything besides actually working at home? They could make the working-at-home environment all nice, with a big mug of coffee and comfortable socks and a warm pet lounging on the person's lap as she types, but NO. They think that their websites will be better represented by people at luaus, playing with toucans.

6. Why do vitamins have to be so frickin' big?

7. Why would my so-called neighbors hire a man to use a jackhammer before 8 am on a Sunday?


8. Why is my sense of smell suddenly 300x stronger?

9. Why, when I felt pretty good yesterday, is today the official opening day of the new pastry shop in my area, and now I'm feeling nauseous?

9 Comments:

Blogger IzzyMom said...

Milk Money? That dumb movie is ALWAYS on. Urggghhhhhhh.

But yes, your sense of smell goes into overdrive when your pregnant (mine did, anyway) and it can be a a very, very bad thing.

Someone once told me that being really sick in your first trimester is a good sign. Not sure what it's a sign of but I thought you might like to know :)

1:11 PM  
Blogger Mignon said...

Hmmm - I never paid too close attention to the work-at-home commercials. What are you trying to tell us, Vomit Comet? Are you lounging around your home on Tuesday morning trying to find a job that keeps you at home permanently so that you can memorize Milk Money front to back?

1:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

One of the ways I knew I was pregnant all three times is that stuff suddenly started smelling wrong. I couldn't go to the gas station at all, and I could barely stand to eat in a restaurant that first trimester.

It got better after that though, hopefully it will for you too. And don't forget, if you order now, they'll send you 101 Ways to make more money using "The Internet"!!

2:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The other day, Jeff made a sandwich with onions on it for lunch. Long after he was finished, I could still smell onions and I was driving him crazy asking him if he had dropped one on the floor and getting up to search again and again.
Finally I found out what it was I was smelling. It was the knife he had used to cut the onions still out on the kitchen counter.

I'm thinking of getting a job as a bloodhound.

2:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I had the smell thing too. It always preceded vomiting. I feel for ya, girlie.

3:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah, why do vitamins have to be the size of scud missiles?

4:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

#8 Same reason why the smell of the ink on a newspaper made me sicker than a dog.

6:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was clueless until #*, then I got it. But I'm a guy! I'm just proud of myself for understanding! My 12 yr old daughter is hitting puberty, and I've been told to stop eating any kind of pickled foods. That's tough for me. You women and your hormones.

7:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

#8, (dammit)

7:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home