Monday, August 28, 2006

100 More Things About Me, Part I

I am starting to feel like a different person. I thought another one of these lists would be a good way to reconnect with myself.

1. I hate cellphones.

2. When I shower, I shed a LOT of hair, so I temporarily put the hairs on the wall of the shower so that they don't clog up the drain. Then, after the shower, I wipe them off.

3. I didn't like the new Charlie and the Chocolate Factory movie. In fact, I'm kind of upset that they even made it.

4. This pregnancy is causing me to have a teeny crisis of faith.

5. I can't wait until the summer is over.

6. I recently threw a copy of What to Expect When You're Expecting across the room.

7. I will never understand eating disorders. I'd give anything to eat normally right now.

8. Mrs. Harridan, I finally killed that avocado plant that you gave me. Thinking about it makes me want to cry.

9. I have a friend who was recently diagnosed with cancer, and I'm so self-centered right now that I haven't even gotten it together enough to send her the care package that I wanted to send her.

10. I bought shoes in March that I don't want and that I still haven't returned. They are sitting in their box in my living room right now.

11. This is not unusual for me.

12. I haven't told most of my non-online friends that I'm pregnant.

13. I wear reading glasses.

14. I rarely clean them properly, with spray.

15. When I microwave something, I press the "start" button and then run away while the microwave is operating.

8 Comments:

Blogger Mignon said...

#2, Me too. Except now my hair is short so when I try to swirl it around before I throw it away it's like trying to swirl raw spaghetti.

#6, Girl! Throw it out the damn window! I'm serious - it's shit-heap of a book and will only make you feel bad about yourself.

#9, A phone call is good. A care package is just another one of your overachiever symptoms...

#10, Is there a 60 day limit? Maybe that'll solve that problem?

12:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

#2 If I shed a lot of hair I'd be bald. Now Mr. Half on the other hand...

#13 Not needing reading glasses is about the only thing still youthful about me these days. If that even counts.

#14 I don't clean my glasses properly either.

#15 I always run away from the microwave. Then I forget and my burrito is as tough as a shoe.

1:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Have you noticed you're shedding more now that you're preggers? I am. It's freaking me out a lot. I suppose if I owned a copy of What To Expect, or any other pregnancy book for that matter, I might have an answer for why this is happening.

3:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

6 -- yeah, that book is crap. I didn't get a THING from it, except maybe a nice paperweight.

7 -- a very good friend of mine is battling anorexia and it's scary as shit. I don't get it either.

14 -- me too, and there are little dots of hairspray all over my lenses. I just don't care.

15 -- why? LOL.

4:49 PM  
Blogger Tink said...

>>When I microwave something, I press the "start" button and then run away while the microwave is operating.<<

LMFAO! *Wipes tears from eyes* When you get further along it will be "waddle" away.

5:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I do that shower/hair thing to, drives my husband nuts because I usually forget to wipe it away.

That stupid What to Expect book is likely to just cause you unnecessary anxiety. Every pregnancy, every labor and delivery is different.

I have scratched both lenses of my glasses using the corner of my t-shirt to clean them. Oops.

12:06 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just have to chime in and say yes, What to Expect is the DEVIL. I can't remember who calls it "The Book of Fears." "Your Pregnancy Week-by-Week" is less the devil, IMO.

6:10 PM  
Blogger Tits McGee said...

OHMYGOD - I was just about to type "What to Expect When You're Expecting is the DEVIL" and here I find SJ's beaten me to the punch.

She's right, though. It is. I loved The Complete Book of Pregnancy and Childbirth, myself.

12:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home