Monday, August 28, 2006

100 More Things About Me, Part I

I am starting to feel like a different person. I thought another one of these lists would be a good way to reconnect with myself.

1. I hate cellphones.

2. When I shower, I shed a LOT of hair, so I temporarily put the hairs on the wall of the shower so that they don't clog up the drain. Then, after the shower, I wipe them off.

3. I didn't like the new Charlie and the Chocolate Factory movie. In fact, I'm kind of upset that they even made it.

4. This pregnancy is causing me to have a teeny crisis of faith.

5. I can't wait until the summer is over.

6. I recently threw a copy of What to Expect When You're Expecting across the room.

7. I will never understand eating disorders. I'd give anything to eat normally right now.

8. Mrs. Harridan, I finally killed that avocado plant that you gave me. Thinking about it makes me want to cry.

9. I have a friend who was recently diagnosed with cancer, and I'm so self-centered right now that I haven't even gotten it together enough to send her the care package that I wanted to send her.

10. I bought shoes in March that I don't want and that I still haven't returned. They are sitting in their box in my living room right now.

11. This is not unusual for me.

12. I haven't told most of my non-online friends that I'm pregnant.

13. I wear reading glasses.

14. I rarely clean them properly, with spray.

15. When I microwave something, I press the "start" button and then run away while the microwave is operating.

10 Comments:

Blogger Mignon said...

#2, Me too. Except now my hair is short so when I try to swirl it around before I throw it away it's like trying to swirl raw spaghetti.

#6, Girl! Throw it out the damn window! I'm serious - it's shit-heap of a book and will only make you feel bad about yourself.

#9, A phone call is good. A care package is just another one of your overachiever symptoms...

#10, Is there a 60 day limit? Maybe that'll solve that problem?

12:40 PM  
Anonymous wordgirl said...

#2 If I shed a lot of hair I'd be bald. Now Mr. Half on the other hand...

#13 Not needing reading glasses is about the only thing still youthful about me these days. If that even counts.

#14 I don't clean my glasses properly either.

#15 I always run away from the microwave. Then I forget and my burrito is as tough as a shoe.

1:58 PM  
Blogger ceece said...

umm the hair in the shower thing, made me gag a little bit.

i hate all things having to do with water, wet, hair, shower, drains. Barf.

2:26 PM  
Anonymous TB said...

Have you noticed you're shedding more now that you're preggers? I am. It's freaking me out a lot. I suppose if I owned a copy of What To Expect, or any other pregnancy book for that matter, I might have an answer for why this is happening.

3:40 PM  
Anonymous mamatulip said...

6 -- yeah, that book is crap. I didn't get a THING from it, except maybe a nice paperweight.

7 -- a very good friend of mine is battling anorexia and it's scary as shit. I don't get it either.

14 -- me too, and there are little dots of hairspray all over my lenses. I just don't care.

15 -- why? LOL.

4:49 PM  
Blogger Tink said...

>>When I microwave something, I press the "start" button and then run away while the microwave is operating.<<

LMFAO! *Wipes tears from eyes* When you get further along it will be "waddle" away.

5:14 PM  
Anonymous Elizabeth said...

I do that shower/hair thing to, drives my husband nuts because I usually forget to wipe it away.

That stupid What to Expect book is likely to just cause you unnecessary anxiety. Every pregnancy, every labor and delivery is different.

I have scratched both lenses of my glasses using the corner of my t-shirt to clean them. Oops.

12:06 AM  
Blogger V-Grrrl said...

I'm helpless without my reading glasses but hate taking them on and off and on and off. I have a pair on a neck chain--which is so convenient but makes me feel like World's Biggest Dork.

My kids both have weak reading glasses prescribed to help with eye fatigue. They both have lost their glasses over the summer. $500 worth of glasses--gone.

I shed like a freakin labrador.

I loved Charlie and the Chocolate Factory and actually bought the movie, and I'm not a person who buys a lot of movies.

12:52 PM  
Anonymous SJ said...

I just have to chime in and say yes, What to Expect is the DEVIL. I can't remember who calls it "The Book of Fears." "Your Pregnancy Week-by-Week" is less the devil, IMO.

6:10 PM  
Blogger Tits McGee said...

OHMYGOD - I was just about to type "What to Expect When You're Expecting is the DEVIL" and here I find SJ's beaten me to the punch.

She's right, though. It is. I loved The Complete Book of Pregnancy and Childbirth, myself.

12:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home