Friday, August 04, 2006

Week 5 Update

Last night I spoke with Teebs on the phone and we agreed that people are probably more interested in my CARRYING TWINS than in my yogurtmaking attempts, so I will probably be abandoning my efforts to keep mentions of the pregnancy to once-a-week-only. Nevertheless, I'll probably confine the cut-and-dried updates to once a week. So, without further ado, here is my update for Week 5.

Brooke in a recent post shows us a pregnant stick figure who proudly proclaims that this "ain't for sissies." She's right.




I think I'm already starting to show a little bit. At this point, it's primarily infrastructure, but I already feel very full after even a small meal. The bruises are from my daily injections. From the medication, the foreign chemical, that has to be INJECTED INTO MY BELLY FAT EVERY DAY, MERE INCHES AWAY FROM THE TINY CREATURES FOR WHOM I SCRUB MY ORGANIC PRODUCE BEFORE EATING IT. The pasty whiteness, unfortunately, can't be blamed on anything. See the teeny, teeny, tiny scars on my navel and just above the belt loop directly to the left of the button on my jeans? Those are two of the three surgical scars that I was so worried about just a few short months ago. My, how times have changed!

In less than a week, my husband has mastered the art of giving me my shots in the least painful way possible, all while prepping for his own workday. I've been a horror to live with--exhausted, moody, upset, tearful. For that, I am truly, truly sorry.

And today is his birthday.

Ty, I couldn't imagine any better person to raise my babies with. You will be as wonderful a father as you are a husband. I love you with all my heart and all my soul. And, rest assured, I already love them, too.


Happy birthday, Baby. Happy day to all my babies.

11 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a sweet post, Arabella. You're carrying hormones for three people inside of you. Things are bound to get stormy on occasion. Think of it this way: Women have more hormonal fluctuations going on in our lives than men ever do. We have hot flashes, we bleed, we swell up like balloons while gestating and we lactate. Up and down, back and forth. And yet, 97% of the prison population in this country IS NOT filled with women. We get cranky...but we still hold our shit together for the most part. Just a little something to chew on in case family members start commenting about the crankiness. I adore you the two seetpeas you're carrying. And Ty...you, too. Happy Birthday. This is one helluva present.

10:34 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh Bella, those bruises break my heart. And you are so fortunate to have a guy who has the courage and skill to give you a shot. E-Man, for all his wonderful qualities, could not manage that AND retain consciousness.

Bruises aside, your belly is the BEST, adorable above those cute jeans.

All the best to you, Ty, and the "Bella Tortellinis."

10:53 AM  
Blogger Mrs. Harridan said...

"Bella Tortellinis" - hee!

Happy Birthday, Ty.

Arabella, those abs are still lookin' flat to me. Don't worry - there will be plenty of belly later on. Enjoy the still flat abs while you can.

Have you asked your doctor if you can do the injections in your thigh? The upper thigh close to your hip, if done properly, will leave very little bruising. Those belly bruises last forever, too, no?

Awseome photo. Two little dots!

11:54 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh honey...those bruises are awful. But they kind of match the shirt you're wearing in the picture.

Happy Birthday to Ty!

I love the ultra sound picture...

12:20 PM  
Blogger Alli and Frankie said...

So sweet. Congratulations again, and happy birthday to your dh!

12:54 PM  
Blogger Mignon said...

Are those the jelly beans??? Those dots that look like ghost eyes?

Sorry about the bruising... although you know I dig bruises and scars. You're a warrior!

Happy birthday Ty!

3:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good lord and you're just going to get more colorful. I hope it doesn't hurt as much as it looks. And they DO look a bit like tortellinis right now, but I'm still partial to Scooby and Shaggy. They are timeless and universal names, very underappreciated in our society.

Happy Birthday Ty!

7:42 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good lord and you're just going to get more colorful. I hope it doesn't hurt as much as it looks. And they DO look a bit like tortellinis right now, but I'm still partial to Scooby and Shaggy. They are timeless and universal names, very underappreciated in our society.

Happy Birthday Ty!

7:42 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Scooby and Shaggy"-HA! I'm so sorry about your poor bruised belly, but just look at your teeny little babies!

And Happy Birthday Ty!

12:44 AM  
Blogger Brooke said...

Oh sweetheart...OW. And I thought my twice daily progesterone suppositories were bad.

Amazing what we'll endure, isn't it?

Sooooo happy for you on the twins!!

11:14 PM  
Blogger Arabella said...

Thanks, Brooke. You may want to check out my post for today (8/9), though!

9:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home