Friday, July 28, 2006

Well, shut my mouth wide open!

I'm pregnant.

Update to follow a little later today.

UPDATE

Ok, here's the story: I found out last weekend, and then for sure this past week. It's very, very early; my period wasn't even due until today. Had I not tested, I never would have known; I feel very PMS-y, but otherwise pretty good. I am excited and thrilled beyond words and also terrified that something will go wrong. My doctors aren't messing around--I've got daily injections and a few other medications. I've decided to post weekly updates each Friday (although the day of the week may vary a little, according to my hormonal and other whims). Otherwise, I plan to keep the majority of my posts about other things in my life, because this blog has become a very important part of myself, and I want to make sure I keep a good balance of it as such.

Thank you all so, so much for your support, thoughts, prayers, friendship, and laughs along the way. They mean so much to me; they really do.

P.S. Can anybody (well, anybody other than Mom, Dad, Ty, and Mr. Lashes) identify the reference made in the title of this post? Hint: It's a statement made by a specific character in a specific film.

19 Comments:

Blogger Katherine said...

woo hoo!! Many congrats.

9:25 AM  
Blogger Liberty Belle said...

Congratulations! I'm so happy for you!

9:27 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ARABELLA!!!

CONGRATULATIONS!

I'm like, teary. I'm so happy for you.

10:16 AM  
Blogger kate said...

I'm a lurker but had to come out of hiding to say CONGRATULATIONS! And good luck. Take it easy and enjoy the excitement!

10:17 AM  
Blogger ptg said...

It is good news, Maşallah.

12:33 PM  
Blogger Mignon said...

You da woman! And Ty da man! And peanut da peanut!

Congratulations - I wish I could give you a great big huge hug!

2:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

OH. MY. GOD. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm thrilled to pieces for the both of you. Jeebus...the next time we all get together, it's likely that Mignon and I will be the only ones drinking and you guys will all be pregnant. I'm toasting you right now, kiddo! Congratulations!!

9:41 PM  
Blogger Mrs. Harridan said...

Yaaaaaaaay!!!

I can't wait to buy you cute baby stuff and throw you an Interweb shower. :)

I'm surprised you outed yourself so early, but I'm glad you decided to share this happy happy happy news!

1:40 AM  
Blogger Tits McGee said...

Congruatulations!!! Such wonderful news.

12:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The best news. Congratulations to you and Ty.

1:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am so thrilled for both of you. We've had a lot of connectivity trouble here, so I have a lot of catching up to do but I just want you to know how very happy I am right now. Excuse me, I have to go wipe my eyes and jump up and down :o)

3:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations!!

Boy, it seems like everyone on the blogosphere is getting pregnant.

10:01 AM  
Blogger Brooke said...

Wooooooooooooooo hooooooooooo! I can't even tell you how happy I am for you! And I wish for you non-membership in the Sisterhood of Pukedom!

(Oh, and balance schmalance...when all those thoughts about your pregnancy want to come flooding out, let them! Write about any darn thing you like, but don't worry if it becomes preggo-centric. And I say this because I worry I've become just that! ;))

2:56 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

OHMYGOD OHMYGOD!!! I couldn't get a stupid Internet connection at ALL at blogher, so I'm just reading this now! I'm all teared up, because I'm so happy for you!! Wow.

4:15 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

P.S. I had a history professor who always used the expression, "Well shut my mouth!" during his lectures.

I always thought it was a Southern thing--kinda like telling someone to shut their pie-holes, a favorite expression of mine.

10:09 AM  
Blogger Tink said...

Excuse my language...

But I fucking knew it!!!

I am so excited for you. Congratulations. You deserve this.

2:28 PM  
Blogger Alli and Frankie said...

OMG! Congratulations! That is awesome news!

7:27 PM  
Blogger Arabella said...

You people are amazing. Thank you so much! Especially those that are delurking just to say congratulations. :)

8:49 AM  
Blogger Fraulein N said...

Congratulations!

3:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home