Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Links and Asslaundry

You know how Mignon does those Friday Concoctions? In them, she often includes a section called "Links and Asundry." For some reason known only to my sick mind, I almost always read it as "Links and Asslaundry," and then actually have to go back and make sure that it says, "Asundry." It always does. But the "Asslaundry" always gets my Friday off to a good start.

Here, then, is a mishmosh post that I will dub my "Links and Asslaundry."

-Muffin Issue #1: My breakfast regimen, of late, consists of eating one English muffin every morning. English muffins, of course, come in packs of 4, 6, or 12, but never in multiples of 7. Ideally, I would like to buy one package a week, so that they don't turn hard and hockeypucklike in the refrigerator, and also so that I don't have to budget time for "English muffin procurement" in my daily list of things to do. But NOOOOOOO. Clearly, there is the same brilliant individual behind English muffin packaging as there is behind the disparity between hot dog packaging and hot dog bun packaging.

-Need fabric? This is my new favorite place to get it. So searchable! So pretty!

-Muffin Issue #2: My Lady Remington bikini trimmer finally died. I bought it circa 1996 for about $7, on sale. It was one of my best beauty friends. I am still mourning its loss. Those as-seen-on-TV bikini wands just don't compare. And they don't make me feel like royalty ("Lady Remington!") as I groom my pubes. (I think this definitely qualifies as "Asslaundry.")

-So....how long is too long to go without a haircut? Just wondering...not for any reason, or anything. (And, just to clarify, I'm now referring to the hair on my head. Er.....I mean, my friend's head.)

-How on earth do you pick a peach? I find nectarines much easier.

-Did you know that the face of that CPR mannequin was modeled after the death mask of a real woman?

-And...last, but certainly not least.....

Happy Birthday, C.S.!!!

4 Comments:

Blogger Mignon said...

Solution to Muffin Problem #1: Buy two 4-packs and eat two on Sunday! In fact, eat two of everything on Sunday!

Thanks for the fabric tip. Not. (Hee hee - picturing myself in a fabric store, bewildered and sweating...)

Solution to Muffin Problem #2: Take it some little fix-it shop. There must be a trillion up in there...

Haircuts? I cut mine when it's bigger than my head.

Aren't peach/nectarines basically the same thing with and without fuzz? (The fuzz gags Madeleine "I won't eat hairy things" Good for you sweetie.)

Death face mannequin? Really? I think I've fake kissed her a couple times...

Happy Day CS! Don't forget to look at the horoscope section of the paper where it says "If you were born on this day..." I love that part.

11:26 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Asslaundry.

I love this. *snort*

Happy Birthday, C.S.!

9:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

thank you! very kind to get well wishes from people i don't know (but know a bit about).

i agree -- much easier to pick out nectarines. but i think the logic still applies to peaches. watch out that the top isn't too soft if the rest feels ok.

10:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just the thought of biting into the fuzzy skin of a peach gives me the heebie-jeebies! A ripe nectarine sliced onto a bowl of cornflakes and topped with cold milk? Heaven!

1:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home