Friday, July 21, 2006

Partying Like I Did in 1999

Last night, Ty and I went to see his friend's band. We were out late, and on a school night! We didn't even eat dinner until 10:45, and then it was at a trendy restaurant with a hopping scene! We felt like--well, we felt like rock stars. We even took cabs, so I was able to wear my new red wedge-style sandals (hopefully none of the hipsters realized they were from Aerosoles).

The venue, I have to say, was fabulous. There was ample cabaret-style seating! I could rest my beer on a table! The room was nicely air-conditioned and smoke-free. The band sounded great, and wasn't too loud. The volume, in fact, was ideal. The toilets in the bathroom were really clean and blessedly junkie-and-rapist-free! It was the perfect melding for my I-still-want-to-do-young-things-while-I'm-young-but-I-have-comfort-needs-like-an-old-fart sensibilities. I still have the morning-after remains of the hand stamp (though a shower with my favorite handmade, superfatted soap should take care of that).

And, for the curious, my mosquito bite had, thankfully, stopped bothering me around lunchtime.

Which, of course, paved the way for a "rock star" morning, if you catch my drift.

Have a good weekend, everyone!

12 Comments:

Blogger Mrs. Harridan said...

Oh, you are just so cute! Seriously. :)

Also, I wish I could have a night out like that in Philly. But it's the city that sleeps.

12:31 PM  
Blogger Mignon said...

I was wondering if you had come up with a special way to scratch that itch.

Do people really say "cabaret-style seating?"

1:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The sandals! The rock-star lifestyle! You go, girl!

2:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Um.... I don't know what cabaret style seating IS.
But I love your sandals and I may copy since I have zero shoe fashion genes at all, being more concerned with comfort and since they are Aerosoles that means they are probably more comfy than most.

Have a great weekend!

2:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I would never have guessed those were Aerosoles.

1:46 AM  
Blogger Brooke said...

Sounds perfect to me. And rockin' shoes missy!

2:38 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Arabella! Remember I told you Teva had a strappy flat nubuck sandal that's way comfortable and cute? Sierra Trading Post online has them on sale for less than half price (normally $75) and get this--they're RED.

3:39 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

you out on the town in the city hanging out at one of my joints! i'm so sorry i missed it! please don't tell me you ate at schillers, i'll cry.

actually, hipsters would approve of your sandals. aerosoles are the new fluevogs. sounds like a great rock star night AND morning.

3:07 AM  
Blogger Arabella said...

Please don't cry, C.S.

It was Schiller's, though.

And I had the mac and cheese with bacon.

Do you see now why you must come home at once???

9:49 AM  
Blogger Arabella said...

V-Grrrl, I am TOTALLY heading to that website! Thanks!

9:50 AM  
Blogger Arabella said...

For a description of cabaret-style seating, check this out and scroll down:

http://www.theparamount.com/boxoffice/seating-charts.asp

Basically, it's small tables that are high up, with chairs that are high up, too.

9:52 AM  
Blogger Tink said...

I still can't get over the clean bathroom part. I swear I have perfected the art of mouth breathing.

I'm glad that mosquito bite healed. Although that's probably an itch hubby wouldn't mind scratching hehe.

1:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home