Wednesday, August 30, 2006

100 More Things About Me, Part II

16. I regularly shift from my right side to my left side, and back again, while I sleep, because I am prone to ear infections and I find that this keeps them in check a bit.

17. I was home from school on the day of the Challenger explosion, and I watched it live. It was the most terrifying major news event of my life until September 11th.

18. I ordered a cat puppet from a professional puppetmaker's stall at a holiday fair in 2002, when I was a grown woman who wore a suit to work. I left a $10 deposit. The puppetmaker said he'd call me to tell me when the puppet was ready. He never did (he was kind of absentminded, and I'm sure he just forgot). I could have called him, but I didn't. I still think about it periodically. I'm not angry; I am amused. I think it makes a better story that I never got the puppet.

19. Ty is ripening some tomatoes on a shelf in our kitchen right now. I can smell them from the next room.

20. I don't really like chocolate syrup. But I love hot fudge sauce.

21. I worry about keeping my Barbies away from my children.

22. Scotch tape doesn't make a very good pore strip. This I know for a fact.

23. I am offended by the price of wrapping paper.

24. I honestly love the small, cheesy, much-maligned Manhattan Mall.

25. I got my ears pierced when I was in kindergarten.

26. I never got any additional piercings, unless you count the staples in my navel from laparoscopic surgery. I was looking pretty goth there for a few days.

27. Yesterday, I took off my acupressure wrist bands for fifteen minutes so that I could shower. I promptly puked in the shower.

28. I hate loud toys.

29. I want to take my children to the American Museum of Natural History to see the amazing dioramas, but I don't quite know what to tell them about the use of animals. Will it upset them?

30. I am pissed that they started putting artificial sweeteners in Wrigley's Spearmint and Doublemint gum.

5 Comments:

Blogger Mignon said...

#16 Are you paranoid about ending up on your back? I was for both pregnancies. We can talk more about this later...

#20 Me too. The syrup is like concentrated chocolate chips, which are not meant to be eaten straight outta the bag, I'm guessing, because they're bitter and waxy.

#24 I love all malls. Because the shitty ones are the best people watching, and the good ones, well, obviously.

#27 Yes! They work for you too! That makes me happy because I will continue on my quest to brow-beat and annoy pregnant women everywhere into wearing them.

#29 Nope. Kids get upset about the mayor dressed up as a gorrilla in a parade, but real stuff that happens to real people/animals just fascinates them. Or so we've found thus far. And also, as long as you don't look upset or disturbed.

11:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I knew it! I just knew it! Wrigley's Doublement does not taste the way it used to when I was a kid.

1:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

17 -- I vividly remember the Challenger exploding; I was young...maybe 10? I wrote a letter to the one astronaut's parents (sorry, can't come up with her name) offering my sympathy and my mom saved it.

21 -- You still have your Barbies? Man, I was in WM today and I saw the price of Barbies and their accessories and kind of wished I'd saved mine.

22 -- LMAO. Ew.

23 -- ME TOO! It's ridiculous!

28 -- Yeah. Me too. They are the bane of my existance. Dave and I actually put the real loud ones downstairs in the basement last night. I mean, we just couldn't TAKE it anymore.

6:51 PM  
Blogger Brooke said...

I could say ditto to about a gazillion of the things you posted, but #15 made me laugh especially. I thought I was the only one who did that!

Hope you're doing well these days and know that you're ALWAYS in my thoughts!

11:06 PM  
Blogger ptg said...

One of my friends was preparing to undergo heart bypass surgery. As they shaved his chest, he said he was nervous. The Doctor turned on the TV to help my pal relax a bit, saying, "Don't worry. We here at ____ Hospital have the newest space-age technology."

A minute later, just before he went under the anaesthesia, my friend saw the Challenger explode, live on the TV. All he could think was "Space age technology?"

9:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home