Tuesday, September 05, 2006

100 More Things About Me, Part III

31. I used to be a big martyr when I was younger, but, now, I have no use for needless suffering. Bring on the help folding laundry, pain relief, and the convenience of dry-cleaning delivery: I'll take it all.

32. Dim lighting upsets me. It reminds me of a sickroom from the olden days.

33. I think tea is amazing and curative. It is one of the few things I almost always want.

34. I am glad that vitamin manufacturers have gotten creative in how they package the calcium. Chocolate disks and chewy caramels agree with me much better than great big horse pills--especially while I'm all pukey.

35. I wish my blogfriends lived closer to me, or that we could violate the laws of physics to see each other in person more often.

36. I will always, always, always laugh at I Love Lucy.

37. I hate public bathrooms.

38. I have, in an emergency, gone in the men's room after making sure it was empty. All right, it was more than once. They don't give out awards for straining your kidneys, you know. See #31, above, about needless suffering.

39. I worry about maneuvering a double stroller.

40. Thinking about baby equipment gets me anxious--I don't even really know what an ExerSaucer is. Then, I calm myself down by thinking about children's books that I loved when I was little and can't wait to read to my own children.

41. It pisses me off that there's so much crap in print and that so many wonderful books are out of print and very difficult to find.

42. I buy toilet paper that comes in rolls that are too fat for the space in the wall that consists of my bathroom toilet paper holder, so I have to use them a little before they'll fit in there. I could switch brands, but I don't want to, because if there's one thing I hate, it's a too-thin roll of toilet paper.

43. I don't really miss abstaining from alcohol during this pregnancy, but I do miss sushi. A lot.

44. Last night, I dreamed that I was shopping in a supermarket, and there was a charcuterie counter there that was labeled "Trattoria Breve."

45. When (and if) I feel better, one of the first things that I will do will be to bake.

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

#s 35 and 40 ME TOO!

#39 - It's a great way to lose the baby weight and get in shape. Trust me I bet you're back quicker than me with my puny single stroller :o)

1:25 PM  
Blogger Mignon said...

#42 I know. I get a strange kind of anxiety when the toilet paper nears the end of the roll.

#43 I was the same way. But I started ordering zaru soba with a tempura appetizer. It satisfied the craving a little. In fact, so much so that I guess tonight we'll be having take-out...mmmm

#35 Me too. A lot.

3:05 PM  
Blogger Tink said...

#35 Me too! I'm just so glad that I found you guys through the internet, making possible what would have never happened at this distance.

5:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oops. That last comment was me. I had to use a new blogger profile to set up a website for my husband's high school reunion.

Wordgirl

6:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

35 -- Me too.

37 -- ME TOO. I hate them more now that I have kids. Taking Julia to the potty when we're in public is a germophobe's nightmare.

38 -- Me too.

39 -- It's easier than you think. Trust me. :)

40 -- An ExerSaucer is a gift from god. It contains the baby so you can shower...or blog...or sit on the porch for five minutes and get a break.

43 -- There is NOTHING WORSE than wiping your ass with too-thin toilet paper.

7:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I too hate dim lighting. I'm actually a bit neurotic about lighting in general. And now that I wear glasses, I often have a sense that I'm not really seeing what I need to see.

On another note, I live for my next cup of Twinings English Breakfast Tea. Tea drinking is my joy and comfort!

6:36 AM  
Blogger ptg said...

One of my many uncles (Mom had 14 siblings) was known as "10 Watt Robbins." I learned much about frugality from him; I use only 20 and 40 Watt bulbs. I don't even turn those on unless I absolutely need them. If anyone asks, I tell them I am practicing for when I go blind.

For me, tea is just weak vegetable broth. I need coffee that is chewable.

11:31 AM  
Blogger Jess Riley said...

Hope you're baking again in no time!!! :)

I also love tea. In fact, I'm off to make some right now!

(And those chocolate calcium disks are indeed genious.)

12:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home