Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Ten B Things--A Sort-of Meme

Elizabeth gave me the letter B for this list.

1. Babies: Hmmm. Nothing to say that I haven't already said in 45,673 other posts. Moving on...

2. Berries: I really love them. I just wish they washed themselves. Several years ago, I purchased this product called Fit that resembled a jug of laundry detergent, but was actually a fruit and vegetable wash. I used to use it to wash my strawberries, and, you know what? It really did produce the cleanest berries I've ever tasted. I wonder if they still make it. I really should pick some up.

3. Bellybutton: I am obsessed with mine lately, constantly checking it throughout the day and rubbing the generic version of Mederma all over it to encourage attractive healing of my surgical scar, lest I wind up with a bellybutton that no longer resembles tortellini, which is a terrible fate for a food-loving Italian woman.

4. Bark: The obnoxious neighborhood dog seems to have been rather quiet lately. Good news indeed! However....

5. Birds: Don't get me wrong; I love spring and all it means. However, sometimes it would be nice to sleep in on a Saturday without all the chirping. What's going on out there, the avian equivalent of Plato's Retreat? (Plato's Tweet-Tweet, perhaps? Sorry; I couldn't resist it.)

6. Bag: I am currently using a particularly small handbag. While it's easy on the shoulder, it's too small for me to reach in and just pull out that which I need without significant rummaging. It's only a matter of time before I go back to one of my big bags, which I will carry around until I get sick of the weight, and then the whole cycle will begin anew.

7. Bath: I have some minty new salts, and I plan to make good use of them in the next few days.

8. Book: I have been invited to join a book group by a relatively new friend. I look forward to my first meeting. I've never been in a book group before, and I do miss discussing novels with others, the way I did in college classes.

9. (Chef) Boyardee: You can pretty much guess my thoughts on this subject.

10. B-LIST BLOGFEST!!!!!!!! It's coming soon, and I can't wait! I'm already going through my wardrobe and deciding what to pack.

5 Comments:

Blogger Jess Riley said...

"Plato's Tweet-Tweet." LMAO!!! You're such a hoot. No pun intended.

I'm with you on the bag thing. I just upgraded to a smaller one, and it's somehow more work when I need to find things.

Oh, here's a recipe for homemade veggie wash: a bowl of filtered water, 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar, and 3/4 cup hydrogen peroxide. I soak all my berries in this and I swear by it. :)

12:13 PM  
Blogger Mignon said...

I remember seeing an ad for that food wash stuff and thinking "My God, what kind of germophobe came up with this??? Chemicals you spray on your food to make them cleaner?" Oh. The bottle looked like carpet cleaner, and I just couldn't get past that.

I can't believe of all the tremendous B-foods out there with complicated Italian spellings you picked Boyardee!! It must have been the 'picking a favorite child' dilemma, huh?

B-LIST BLOGFEST!!!!! YESSSSSS!!! I'm already going through my wardrobe and finding what's least embarrassing....

12:29 PM  
Blogger Alli and Frankie said...

Great list!

1:56 PM  
Blogger Mrs. Harridan said...

I think I still have a Fit sample in my junk drawer somewhere.

Jess, thanks for the recipe! I am definitely trying it out. I had read somewhere that Fit was mostly vinegar, but vinegar on fruit just sounded ... wrong. I hope this will keep my berries from moldering in the crisper.

Mignon, I'm going to go out on a limb and say that a purist like Arabella considers Chef Boyardee an abomination to Italian culture -- but who knows? I may be wrong. ;)

And I am so psyched for B-List!!!

2:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hooray for book clubs! And Yay for #10. I have to start packing this weekend, it's going to be here before we know it!

2:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home