Monday, April 10, 2006

The Power of Suggestion

Ty and I have been doing a lot of really grown-up things lately. No, no, not THAT kind of "grown-up!" Get your mind out of the gutter! That was the LAST post!

By "grown-up," I mean, we've been doing things like buying a dining table and a lighting fixture and looking for wall art.

On Saturday we went to a store that consists of rooms and rooms and rooms full of lighting fixtures. We wandered around, surveying a room that reminded us of a funeral parlor and making fun of loud people with tacky taste and just generally not accomplishing much of anything at all.

Then, we stumbled upon it: The Scallop.

It's a wide stained-glass fixture, simultaneously intricate yet simple. When lit, it emits a flattering golden light that makes me feel flirty and Gina Lollobrigida-sensuous instead of like a grown woman in her pajamas and Mint Julep Masque at the table. Like a scallop shell, it has a complex, variegated texture and a lovely organic feeling.

So, guess what I've been craving since we bought it.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds really eclectic and unique. Is it a table lamp? Do we get a picture sometime soon?

1:35 PM  
Blogger Arabella said...

Thanks, TB. It hangs from the ceiling...or will, once it's installed. I'll post a pic when installation's done.

1:37 PM  
Blogger mamatulip said...

Oh, I love stained glass. I have two stained glass lamps that I just love. I can't wait to see a pic.

3:13 PM  
Blogger Mignon said...

Knowing what I do about you, Arabella, do you think it's wise to purchase a light that constantly reminds you of food? Or, I guess maybe for that reason, it's the best light for you ever!

There was an episode of Cyberchase on Friday in which all the landmarks were likened to food, and I thought of you. ;)

4:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home