Wednesday, April 19, 2006

I'LL be the judge of THAT

Yesterday I was rushing to an important meeting, thinking about all the household products I needed to procure along the way, and how heavy my bag was already, and how uncomfortable my shirt was, and how I was too hot, and very thirsty, and how badly I wanted to wash my hands, and whether I was ovulating, and how I needed to fill the prescription the doctor gave me for my upcoming cooter surgery, and this guy doing construction on the side of the street shouted directly at me,

"Smile! It's a bee-yoo-tee-ful day!"

6 Comments:

Blogger mamatulip said...

It's always when I'm having the shittiest day and am in the shittiest day that people make comments like that to me.

I probably would have growled, "Fuck off". I'm sure you handled yourself much more appropriately.

9:52 AM  
Blogger Table4Five said...

I have to admit I probably would have muttered "oh, shut the fuck up". I am not one of those the glass is half full kind of people!

And thank you for your supportive comment on my blog post. I promise I am going to be kind to myself and not stop eating or anything. You should be proud of yourself for getting yourself healthy before surgery. You rock!

10:53 AM  
Blogger Mignon said...

I'm guessing that you can give some mean-ass mo-fo looks. Please tell me you did. A withering, pissed off, Don't Fuck With ME, look. Did you?

1:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Or you could have mocked him with your best fake guffaw, but I'm guessing you gave him a look of death.

1:26 PM  
Blogger The Gradual Gardener said...

I don't think I'd smile. I'd probably give him the finger.

Darn it, I HATE it when I fail a word verification. I feel like such a loser!

4:22 PM  
Blogger blog said...

OMG. You said "cooter". I always call IT that!

9:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home