Wednesday, March 01, 2006

Saying Nothing is the New Witty Title

Project Body and Soul isn't going so well. I forgot that it's nearly impossible to engage in such projects while also engaging in income-generating activities.

Having spent the entire weekend working on one personal project and three different work projects, I thought this week might be a little bit less intense. Yesterday, I received two quasi-surprise projects that need to be taken care of before I can relax on vacation. I also ran out of my beloved night cream. I'm not sure which event upset me more.

Ty cheered me up a bit by hanging Mardi Gras beads on our front door and making a garlicky shrimp appetizer. I skipped the 30 minutes on the Denise Austin bike in favor of dancing in the kitchen with my husband; definitely the high point of the evening, along with eating Ty's delicious dinner. I spent the rest of the night doing dishes, doing a load of laundry, and working on my assorted projects until finally falling asleep around midnight with the assistance of a Benadryl. My alarm interrupted a nightmarish dream, and I attempted to get up early and to go to church and get ashes; I say "attempted" because it didn't quite work out that way. I arrived just in time to feel completely rude and conspicuous and too guilty to receive Communion. The ashes had already been distributed. On the way home, I replaced my beloved night cream and also bought more napkins, because we ran out without my realizing it and then I started to twitch a little. By the time I got home (I was gone maybe forty minutes), I had one new voicemail on my landline and two new voicemails on my cellphone.

It's 10:38 now; I'm getting off to an extremely late start to my workday, given my workload. It's going to be another late night.

I just want to curl up in the fetal position with a nice, warm puppy. And NOT the fucking dog that keeps barking whenever there's any noise IN THE MIDDLE OF THE DAY IN NEW YORK CITY.

7 Comments:

Blogger Tink said...

((Arabella)) You can borrow my puppy... indefinitely. Kitchen dancing is so sweet. Gave me the warm fuzzies. :)

11:22 AM  
Blogger Mignon said...

Yes, the kitchen dancing made me all misty-eyed... and thanks for the reminder about ashes today. I'm always alarmed when I leave the cocoon and see the first benoited soul. As if everyone's been bumping into chimneys. It takes me several ash sightings before I remember. Every year.

How about a cheesey, feel-good movie this evening? And a good Ty snuggle and hearty cabernet?

11:58 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sending good thoughts your way for more kitchen dances, delicious appetizers and whatever else you need to feel better soon. Only a few days left til vacation!

12:47 PM  
Blogger Mrs. Harridan said...

At leats the night cream was replaced. I was worried after the Great Conditioner Drought of 2006. ;)

If you need something to snuggle, I just happen to have a very cute cat on offer who purrs like a coffee pot and loves to give head-butts...

1:52 PM  
Blogger mamatulip said...

I promise I won't dance with him in my kitchen but I'd really like Ty to come and cook me a meal sometime, 'kay?

(Glad you got your night cream.)

2:57 PM  
Blogger The Gradual Gardener said...

Curling into the fetal position with puppies is highly overrated. They have a tendency to chew on your nose.

4:31 PM  
Blogger Arabella said...

You people are really nice--offering me kitties and puppies, getting misty when I talk about my husband! Consider yourselves all seated at a Virtual Dinner cooked by Ty. :)

9:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home