Wednesday, February 01, 2006

Trendy the Trendsetter

Did you read my post yesterday? Did you look at Dooce today? No, not her text--her ads. The one on the upper left. There's a new season of a show on BBC America, called Footballers' Wive$. That's right--no pop-culture movement escapes my notice, baby!

So, I say that tea is the new coffee, infertility is the new fertility, enough with the berry-scented household products, reality television is fading, gimmicky body-wash marketing is over, Krispy Kreme will rise again, and we will never find a sugar substitute as glorious as the real thing.

7 Comments:

Blogger mamatulip said...

I've seen commercials for that show...looks juicy and scandalous.

God...your word verification is the third I've failed this morning.

9:52 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Arabella is the Faith Popcorn of the blogging world!

9:55 AM  
Blogger Mignon said...

I'm boycotting dooce because I'm a little tired of Chuck. Is that being bitchy?

I think I'll skip the Footballer travesty as well. Posh makes me feel like a Macy's parade balloon.

12:32 PM  
Blogger Tink said...

Footballers' Wive$? Oh God... I'm sorry, but I think they're scraping the bottom of the barrel on that one. But then again, I'm a horrible judge. I said the same thing about American Idol when it previewed.

Mignon: I hear ya! "It's ok to love your dog. Just don't LOVE your dog."

1:16 PM  
Blogger The Gradual Gardener said...

Can we do Cheesecake is the new Vegetable, too?

1:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't know, I'm really starting to like Splenda!

And I'm just glad Arabella doesn't have one million ads and a postage-sized amount of text. Because that is my pet peeve.

3:26 PM  
Blogger Mrs. Harridan said...

But have you seen the ads for "Mile High," which seems to feature bitchy gay flight attendants, gettin' it on with all and sundry, and then being all catty to one another?

Either of those might be just a little too guilty of a pleasure for me.

4:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home