Wednesday, January 25, 2006

A Perfect Day For Bananamemes

This one courtesy of Mignon.

3 Foods I Hated As a Kid and Love Now:
1) mushrooms
2) hummus
3) lamb

3 Foods I Loved As a Kid and Hate Now:
1) bananas
2) Sour Patch Kids
3) Pixie Stix

3 Foods I Loved as a Kid and Still Love:
1) scrambled eggs
2) Jones breakfast sausages
3) Girl Scout Thin Mint Cookies

3 of the Worst Things I Ever Had to Eat:
1) deviled eggs
2) banana gelato
3) An Italian hero WITH MAYONNAISE ON IT purchased at a "delicatessen" in upstate New York when I had an overwhelming Italian hero craving. I didn't know they put mayonnaise on it, because, really, why would anyone put mayonnaise on an Italian hero? (See my very first post ever.) I took one bite, discovered the mayonnaise, and spit it out. This was at least eight years ago. I am still upset.

3 of the Best Things I Ever Ate:
1) Kumamoto oysters on the half shell, on my honeymoon
2) my mother's rum cake
3) the loin of pork with rosemary that my husband makes

You are tagged if you so desire.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I used to put my Pixie Stix into a can of soda, as if it needed more sugar. Disgusting.

I am so with you about the mayo. I can barely stand it on any kind of sandwich. Only a very thin layer and only on certain types of sandwiches. Certainly not on a wrap, and DEFINITELY not on anything that also contains cappicola or salami.

11:31 AM  
Blogger Mignon said...

Aaaahhh! Pork loin with rosemary! My husband does it on the bbq (what is it with guys and the loin?).
We like to call it the Tommy Lee.

11:45 AM  
Blogger mamatulip said...

Thin Mints! *drool*

3:00 PM  
Blogger Ditsy Chick said...

A mouthful of mayo, I am totally grossed out and I can believe you are still mad after 8 years.

1:02 AM  
Blogger Brooke said...

Yes, but do you know that if you are ever served Corned Beef or Pastrami with mayo in NYC...well, that's grounds for closing the deli right there. ;)

9:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home