Wednesday, February 08, 2006

Ladies, We've Come a Long Way

Thank you all for your kind words and wishes yesterday.

I have now completed my endometrial biopsy. It wasn't as bad as I expected; the doctor was very gentle. It certainly wasn't fun, and I'm tired and crampy and sore now, but I did get a good laugh out of the 1950's-era maxipad that they gave me afterwards; it's thicker than my TempurPedic mattress and stretches virtually from my bellybutton to my butt. Good thing I didn't wear tight jeans to the appointment!

Ty made me special lambburgers last night and served them with red leaf lettuce and garlic and scallion hummus on warm ciabatta bread, with a side of sugar snap peas, and now I'm eating the remains of some Granny Smith apples that I sauteed for dessert in a little cinnamon, butter, and maple syrup. I'm going this afternoon for additional bloodwork ("probably only about 10 or 12 vials"). After that, the next step is our "discussion appointment" to see where we go from here.

I think I'll greet the doctor by introducing myself and saying, "May I have my baby now?"

7 Comments:

Blogger Mrs. Harridan said...

I was thinking about you this morning and wondering how it went. On "House" last night they had a woman getting an endometrial biopsy and everyone referring to the "unecessary pain," and I hoped you didn't see it - because, you know, the pain is pretty minor, I thought. Sounds like you agree.

Gotta love the pad. I swear the one they gave me was meant to be worn with a belt, like the ones in "Are You There, God, It's Me, Margaret."

10 or 12 vials? That is insane. I think they are secretly selling your blood to hungry vampires who live in the subway system.

The apples sound delicious!

Good luck with the discussion appointment. Clomid, anyone? I may have to give you back the orange fan!

1:23 PM  
Blogger mamatulip said...

I was thinking about you this morning...glad to hear it went relatively well, all things considered.

I hear ya on the pad -- after I had my two little darlings they basically put me in a diaper.

3:30 PM  
Blogger Mignon said...

That meal??? Oh My! I can't wait to see what he feeds you when you pop out a baby.
And the pads? MamaT is right. After childbirth the hospital gives you this special (like short-bus special) fish-net underwear to hold the pillow-sized pads you have to wear. So you're getting good practice with the waddle-walk.
Glad to hear it went okay.

5:41 PM  
Blogger DebbieDoesLife said...

When they handed you the pad did they then say, "Saddle up and ride!"

Is your husband a chef? Am I late to this knowledge?

9:08 PM  
Blogger Ditsy Chick said...

Ah, that pad is excellent practice for the pillows that strap to you after you have had a baby. I am pretty sure my first car had smaller seats that those suckers.

I am glad it went pretty well.

12:06 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Will you send Ty over to my house? I would love a lambburger! And alas, even with all his other charms, the only meal Jeff has ever made for me is oatmeal.

I hope you get some answers from your next appointment. After all the testing, I know you're ready to move forward with a solution.

6:54 AM  
Blogger Arabella said...

Didn't see _House_ before the biopsy, THANK GOODNESS. But, Mrs. Harridan, you had me laughing out loud with the belted pad from AYTGIMM.

Surprisingly enough, Ty has no formal culinary training. He's just a naturally great cook. I'm a lucky lady.

8:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home