Monday, February 06, 2006

Let's Get This Party Started

We did it again! Mrs. Harridan and I got together on Saturday for fertility tea and dim sum. She brought me these beautiful little piggie soaps:

While we were eating our dim sum, we were treated to the sight of some Chinese New Year dragons running through the dining room:So, now Mrs. Harridan has seen me shove a pork bun in my mouth with both hands, as well as her remains of that oniony vegetable dumpling thing that I raved about and nobody else really liked. She's witnessed firsthand my inability to process simple directions and my total reliance on C.S. in this arena, and she's repeatedly experienced my awful habit of interrupting other people when they're talking. She's seen my bathroom (I cleaned it before she came, of course, but I spent much of Saturday wondering if there were any obvious, errant pee stains that I'd missed).

The mask of the Internet has been removed; the awkward politeness of not knowing someone that well is starting to subside. I worry a little that Mrs. Harridan won't like me as I really am, and that the promise of our early friendship will fade. On the other hand, if she DOES like me as I really am, then we're well on our way to a very fine friendship. That prospect is truly exciting.

A few of you have expressed jealousy that she and I have met in person. We've got to fix that. If you are interested in attending a B-List Blog Chicks '06 meetup during a weekend in June, please email me, Arabella (but with a small a), AT the name of this blog dot com, and let me know. Tell me all your issues and any dates that won't work.

9 Comments:

Blogger Mrs. Harridan said...

Of *course* I like you as you really are - there is no need to try to impress me, you know. The more we hang out and talk, the better I like you, and it's so cool to hear all your little stories and likes and dislikes that I think will eventually become things that I just "know" about you rather than new info (Blogworld: Arabella dislikes mayonnaise).

Also, you are a very delicate eater, and there were no pee stains (even if there were, I was totally distracted by the People article on Brangelina!).

You and your husband are a delight. I can't wait for your visit to Philly!

10:28 AM  
Blogger Mrs. Harridan said...

Forgot to add: that tea is somewhat vile. I put about 1/4 cup of honey in mine yesterday. Today I'm trying sugar. There is definitely some celery derivative in this stuff. Oook!

10:31 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yay! The planning is underway!! I think it's natural to be a little neurotic about meeting people in person who already know so much about you from the internet. I worry that my internet persona matches how I am in real life.
But that's not going to keep me from having a great time at B-List Blogfest '06!

11:02 AM  
Blogger Mignon said...

I'm so glad you two are becoming friends. It's like when you fix up a couple friends and they start dating and you're all anxious that everything is going to work out. Except for the obvious parts of the simile that aren't right.

I love the soap. And I hate mayonnaise. And celery flavoring or scent is gross (I got a gift pack with celery scented lotion that makes me gag).

I'll e-mail you about B-List Blogfest!

12:34 PM  
Blogger mamatulip said...

Very cool that you have started a friendship with Mrs. Harridan! And I love those piggie soaps. :)

B-List Blogfest is a fabulous idea. Being in another country there's really no way I could attend, so when it does go down, I expect lots of long, detailed blog entries about it.

1:21 PM  
Blogger Tink said...

Where's it going to be? I'd LOVE to go! And if I can't, I'll willingly pass out my number for those drunk-dials. But I might be armed with a tape recorder. Fair warning.

4:30 PM  
Blogger Brooke said...

I wanna go!!! Just for the possibility of pig soaps alone.

8:58 PM  
Blogger Ditsy Chick said...

Love the piggy soap.

YOU DON"T LIKE MAYONNAISE? I may have to really thing about meeting you in real life them. **snort**

12:01 AM  
Blogger The Gradual Gardener said...

Oooh I want to come! Heading over to my email right now...

8:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home