Monday, November 07, 2005

My Little Blogbaby

Today marks the two-week anniversary of the beginning of this blog. In that time, I've accumulated 14 posts (now 15), thoroughly embarrassed myself in front of countless strangers, 4 friends, and 1 parent, eaten steak at a vegetarian's wedding, worn the same blazer three times without dry-cleaning it, and finished reading one essay (E.B. White's "Here is New York"), two memoirs (Augusten Burroughs's Running with Scissors and Dry), only one gossip magazine (Us Weekly's November 7th issue, with a picture of Katie Holmes and the caption "Under Tom's Spell"), one collection of short stories (Augusten Burroughs's Magical Thinking), and reread two and a half long children's books (Betty MacDonald's Mrs. Piggle-Wiggle, Mrs. Piggle-Wiggle's Magic, and half of Mrs. Piggle-Wiggle's Farm). I recommend all. Yes, I have seven years of postsecondary education and am approaching thirty with a short stick, and these are the things I do and read and think about. And I like that.

If I were two weeks pregnant, I'd actually technically be "four weeks pregnant," because pregnancy is calculated from the beginning of the woman's menstrual cycle for that month, which is assumed to be approximately two weeks prior to ovulation (whether or not it actually is). I think I'll adopt this system for the purpose of celebrating my Blog Birthday, for two reasons: 1) I'll get to celebrate my one-year anniversary two weeks earlier than I otherwise would, and I plan to serve extremely good cake, so I'm eager to get to that point ASAP; and 2) I'll be that much more like Sweet Sixteen Barbie, who debuted when Barbie had only been on the market for about 15 years because Mattel apparently used some kind of preproduction date in lieu of a release date to mark her birthday.

I feeling happy to be off to a good start. This blog is really helping me use my Internet time productively by focusing on my writing instead of Googling people I used to date and/or go to school with (oh, get off your high horse; you know you do it, too, and if you don't, you're really missing out on some good gossip). I very much appreciate all the kind comments I've received and the new blogs I've been exposed to as a result. Thank you for reading. If you keep it up, I'll reward you by posting my recipe for Pseudoganache...

...and, last but not least, I want to wish a very, very Happy Birthday to an extraordinary woman.

1 Comments:

Blogger Jessica said...

Mrs. Piggle-Wiggle's FARM?!?! I totally missed out! I loved Mrs. Piggle-Wiggle, but I guess my library just didn't have the whole collection.

Man.

3:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home