Thursday, October 27, 2005

"Life is What Happens..."

Having gotten my first real comment yesterday from someone not trying to sell something, I promptly spent the rest of the day worrying that I'd alienated my lone reader with my last post. If that one didn't do it, this one probably will, but not to worry, PTG: this weekend I plan to try my hand at making fresh pasta, so I'm bound to have more food-related observations next week. I've already secured the special type OO flour from Italy, courtesy of my sweet and thoughtful husband, who shall hereinafter be referred to as "Ty."

This week I got my period, which is in itself unremarkable, given the fact that I am a twentysomething female. What made this period remarkable, other than the fact that it inconveniently arrived while my friend and I were waiting for the supermarket cashier to finish the elaborate and drawn-out inspection of the bill for counterfeitedness, was that it marked yet another month of not getting pregnant. Stop groaning: I have no plans to steer the direction of this blog to trying-to-get-pregnant, but I figured I'd write about it today, and maybe occasionally in the future.

The thing is, I'm not that upset. I was upset months ago, when it first became apparent that this would take some time, and maybe require the assistance of people in lab coats (and not the fun role-playing kind). Now, though, I've sort of accepted that, and while I get upset occasionally, I console myself with thoughts of the soft cheeses, wine, and sushi that I may still consume (don't even get me started about mayonnaise on sushi; I know in some strange way it may arguably be considered authentic, but that's really no excuse).

I guess I just have a lot of irons in the fire right now, so to speak. I'm starting this blog, I recently started a more regular exercise regimen, and winter's coming, so I'll have all those sweaters to launder by hand. It'll happen when it happens, and that's that. It's out of my control. At some point we may seek medical assistance, but we're not there yet. I do worry about Ty, who has yet to experience the sadness that I experienced earlier. I'll help him through it, though, and be extra nice to him, and put extra parmigiano reggiano on his fresh pasta.

And maybe don a lab coat, for good measure.

1 Comments:

Blogger Mrs. Harridan said...

Totally feel you, both on the comments thing and the irksome realization that the whole getting-pregnant thing takes more time than I'd realized. Oh, and the soft cheeses, too!

I look forward to reading more.

1:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home