Thursday, October 27, 2005

Faith in Humanity

While my professional patience was stretched to the limits today, I am very, very happy to have now received three comments on my blog, all positive. Thank you, thank you, thank you. Who knew that random Internet persons cloaked in relative anonymity would be nicer than the people that I saw every day in high school?

You commenters have reversed the damage to my self-esteem that occurred this past weekend when three separate workmen saw me in my old pajamas that have the laundry detergent stain on the butt. At least it's blue, I kept telling myself.

Tonight for dinner I may make a red sauce with pancetta and onions and serve it over pasta. I also plan to duplicate the dessert that I made two nights ago, which consisted of fresh apples and pears sauteed in brown sugar and butter and a little bit of apple cider and served over coffee ice cream. Did I tell you that I like autumn? And cooking?

3 Comments:

Blogger ptg said...

Gosh how I wish I could eat pancetta. My gatroenterologist told me, after my liver died, that I should try to stay below 500mg of sodium per day. Try enjoying food with no salt at all.

I used to be a regular at the Museo de Jamon by the Plaza Mayor. I like the variety of Spanish hams. Its killing me to think of them.

11:08 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness, I must go to Madrid immediately.

6:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm sorry about your liver. Can you eat sauteed apples? They are delicious, and relatively healthy.

6:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home