Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Old School

During college, C.S. and I would sometimes keep each other entertained during our all-nighters by e-mailing silly little poems for the other to check during study breaks. Apparently, I kept up that tradition a bit after college, for she just reminded me of this little tidbit that I e-mailed her several years ago:

'Twas the night before the night before the bar exam,
And all through the studio apartment,
Not a creature was stirring,
Except the girl studying for the bar exam, the gnat that got in earlier, and the aphids in the plant.
..............Visions of Wills and Estate Taxation danced through her head,
I don't know the rest of "'Twas the Night Before Christmas."

2 Comments:

Blogger Mignon said...

Well, there, Emily Dick. That's some fancy-ish stuff there.
I had to read "Visions of Wills..." several times because I kept seeing "Visions of Willis..." as in Willis from Diff'rent Strokes.

4:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Whatchu talkin' 'bout, Willis?"

10:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home