Wednesday, January 04, 2006

5 Weird Things About Me(me)

(Witty pun in the title shamelessly adapted from Mignon)

I think I've been tagged for this lots of times without ever really being tagged for it.

1. I often prefer the generic version to the original.

2. I remember things from when I was very, very young. Lots of things. Yet I often can't remember what to buy at the grocery store.

3. When I was thirteen, I had this hunch that if I drank an ordinary chocolate milkshake, then I would get my first period within a few days. I drank the milkshake. I got my period about three days later.

4. I find it very difficult to sleep without socks on.

5. I never understood the big deal about shoes until, one day, when I was at Century 21, I saw a pair of red Van Eli pumps with black trim. All at once, the shoe gene kicked in for me. I had to have them, and I've loved shoes ever since.

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Do you think that chocolate milkshake thing would work for pregnancy? I'm willing to give it a try.

9:41 AM  
Blogger Arabella said...

What a great idea, TB!

9:44 AM  
Blogger Tink said...

And where did you get this ordinary/magic milkshake? I need boobs. That's odd that you want socks on when you sleep. I can't stand ANYTHING on my feet when I sleep including socks, blanket, the dogs, Hoop. My feet need to be free.

10:16 AM  
Blogger Jessica said...

I sleep with socks on too (soemtimes even two pairs!), but mostly just because German apartments are *cold* in the winter.

10:58 AM  
Blogger Mrs. Harridan said...

I am all about the socks in winter. My ffet get too cold to sleep without them. Also, my husband likes to torture me by putting his feet on my feet in the morning, and the socks create a nice barrier.

Must ... have ... milkshake!

1:10 PM  
Blogger Mignon said...

Mmmm, chocolate AND dairy. Generic what? Like PayLess shoes vs Michael Kors? Yeah, I didn't think so!

2:55 PM  
Blogger Arabella said...

Mmmm...Michael Kors. Alas, I hardly ever buy designer shoes. I'm thinking generic face wash or baby oil, for example.

I think the milkshake was from Baskin-Robbins, although it might have been Carvel.

8:27 AM  
Blogger Ditsy Chick said...

Loooooove Century 21. Will cut meetings short in NYC to go hunting at Century 21....

3:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home