Wednesday, August 01, 2007

Phoning it in

For the record, I have possessed cellphones at all times for approximately eight years, and I have never once lost or damaged a cellphone, but I have, on several occasions, been inconvenienced by someone else losing or damaging a cellphone, and this morning was basically the LAST STRAW, and I support the idea of implanting people with cellphone chips if it means that I will never ever again have to stand there in the hallway in my bare feet sweating fenugreek and calling a missing cellphone while one child drools all over my crisp $75 Brooks Brothers shirt and his brother screams and cries and three or four people need to walk exactly where I'm standing thereby forcing me to shift position as I balance said child(ren) while I dodge errant construction nails and all the while hunt unsuccessfully for the phantom phone at the bottom of a gooey, gooey diaper bag.

5 Comments:

Blogger ptg said...

Eau de Maple Syrup? Sounds almost marketable. Does it attract flies?

7:24 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

These are the mommy moments that I really do not enjoy.

RE - Fenugreek, my friend Jules who reads your blog has a great story. Jules, if you're reading, tell Arabella about the banana nut bread. Too funny.

12:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Right. These are not great moments when they're happening. However, months or years from now they make great war stories.

8:43 PM  
Blogger Mrs. Harridan said...

If it doesn't kill you, it makes you stronger, right?

I would love to hear the backstory on this one.

Also, kudos for even daring to wear nice clothes. I haven't gotten to that point yet.

3:33 PM  
Blogger Mignon said...

What gives - do diaper bags come with the ooey gooey already embedded?? I always laugh at those jerks with the ugly plastic covering on their cheap-ass cellphones, but ha ha. Joke's on us right? If it's not crushed graham crackers is some foreign dairy product smooshed in the crevices between the buttons.

Did you find it?

12:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home