Thursday, February 11, 2010

Broken Fashion Plate

You can tell I'm having a difficult week because of the way I dressed today to take the kids to school. I wore my old Costco pajama top beneath my coat, the one I've been wearing since Tuesday. That's something I would never usually do. Usually, when I wear my pajamas out in public, they're no more than 24 hours old.

Take Monday, for example. The pajamas I wore to sign my children up for school for next year, at the first-come-first-served registration place, were less than 12 hours old. I think that's some kind of record. I even wore underwear underneath them, and I would have pulled on pants, too, had my much-more-awake-than-me mother not scream-whispered, "Don't get dressed! Just GO!" in my ear. She knew; she had run all the way from the school to my apartment, because my cellphone was off and I slept right through my ringing landline. I had set my alarm for 6:30 so that I could relieve my wonderful parents at 7, who were doing the early shift waiting in line. Lo and behold, registration started early, and now my mom doesn't need to have a stress test for quite awhile. She is clearly in better shape than me, because I ran the same distance, and I still feel like I've been hit by a Mack truck.

It was worth it, though. We got about 90% of the schedule we wanted. Bottom line is, WE GOT IN. Chalk one up for the little guy. Actually, the little guys.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You make me sooo happy by writing with such humor and honesty! I look forward to reading your continuing story. Keep blogging!

3:40 PM  
Blogger Arabella said...

Awww...wait a minute, that's you, isn't it, Mom? Eh, who cares--a nice comment is a nice comment. Thank you!

3:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Outed by my own daughter!!
The sentiment is true, nonetheless!

11:24 AM  
Blogger JB said...

Ha ha. That's very sweet. Mums are great. Oh, and congratulations on getting in! Keep up the good work :)

5:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home